Sunday 4 November 2012

Microwave Cheese Sauce

For my first contribution I give you Microwave Cheese Sauce. My children would eat "cheesy pasta" every night if I let them so I needed a way to make it quick and fool proof. Having tried out a few versions I found via Google this is the one that works for me!

  1. In a big jug put 1/2 pint milk (semi or skimmed depending on who I'm making it for)
  2. For a coating sauce I add 1 oz of plain flour (use 1/2 oz for pouring sauce) and whisk out any lumps
  3. Put in microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes
  4. Whisk
  5. Return to microwave and keep whisking every 30 seconds (or if rises too high) and cook for total 3 1/2-4 minutes
  6. Once thickened to required consistency add grated cheese to taste:

Stir into pre-cooked, drained pasta and serve to the starving masses!

1 comment:

  1. never tried this before, my kids being vegetarian eat a lot of pasta, i am going to try this

    ReplyDelete

If you have any adjustments or ideas of your own then please let us know!